West-Cap datasheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I realize this is several years late.....but here goes:

CP05A1 is an insert tab wound kraft paper aluminum or tin foil depending on the size of the part. Its possibly impregnated with one of three materials.

CP11 is similar to the CP05 above, just has a different physical configuration

CQR39A1 - I really need the next letter to tell exactly what it is - that letter is the characteristic code

Hope this helps someone

Wooow.

Thank you for information :D

CP05A1 is an insert tab wound kraft paper aluminum or tin foil depending on the size of the part. Its possibly impregnated with one of three materials.

This three materials, what exactly can they be?

CQR39A1 - I really need the next letter to tell exactly what it is - that letter is the characteristic code

Full number from capacitor: CQR39A1KB105K3P

If you have some pdf catalog of West-Cap capacitors, would you be so kind and send it to me? My mail: zalus13 @ gmail.com

West-cap info

I will let everyone in on a secret - most of these old military caps, the information can be found here

http://www.landandmaritime.dla.mil/

It requires a little digging, but the entire specifications can be found there. Now that does not necessarily give you the design details, but gives a ton of other information

Regarding the CQR39A1K....charcteristic "K" is typically for Kraft Paper & Polyester film, which is impregnated with something. Not all mfg'rs use the same snake oil. These should be a really good audio grade capacitor.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.