• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Very powerful push/pull circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very powerfull push/pull circuit

I had this amp for a while in this form, and it had to be the most dymanic tube amp I've heard, and it's bass was extremly tight and powerfull, check out the feed forward from the anodes to the input of the output tubes, also the congugate filter on the primary of the output transformer.

Input tubes were 12ax's
Driver tubes were 12au's
Output tubes were Kt90's

It had a s..t load of feedback, on the scope it behaved like a big Threshold trany amp, flat out to 100k and down to 5hz, perfect 20k square waves and just the slightest ringing and quick settling when shunted with a 1uf cap across and 8ohm resistor at 20k square wave.
I soon grew tired of it as it was not too musical more like listening to a big Theshold or big Levinson, or Rowland.
So out went all the bells and whistles and the kitchen sink. (tones of feedback, congugate filter and the feedforward arangement) then it got musical, but i did miss all the dynamics and rock like bass.

Attachments

• bbbb.gif
    bbbb.gif
    35.2 KB · Views: 411
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.