• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube label orientation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this is a silly issue but I'm helping my son build a KT88 amp and I see that the JJ tubes put their pretty label on the side that would place the tube socket fasteners front and rear of the socket instead of side to side - which is how I've always oriented my sockets. I don't really care about labels but he'd like the JJ label facing forward. What would you do?

Jim

I know this is a silly issue but I'm helping my son build a KT88 amp and I see that the JJ tubes put their pretty label on the side that would place the tube socket fasteners front and rear of the socket instead of side to side - which is how I've always oriented my sockets. I don't really care about labels but he'd like the JJ label facing forward. What would you do?

Jim
Turn the sockets if you want this. JJ will print all tubes in the same direction.

Thank you for all your responses! I'm going to install the sockets as I always have and not worry about the JJ labels. One option I contemplated was drilling a larger hole for the KT88 tube and mounting the tube socket on a subplate under the chassis, but this is too much work for such a small issue like this.

Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.