Transformer calculation for GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I went to the electronic shops yesterday to buy power transformer for my GC. I ask for two 150VA 24v-0-24v transformer for my monoblock LM3875 GC. The transformer in the shop is only rated in ampereres not in VA, so according to the shop owner 6.25A 24v-0-24v is 150VA, but my calculation indicates that 48*6.25A=300VA. :bawling: Pls let me know which is correct? 6.25A is 150VA or 300VA?

What is the minimum VA for each monoblock? Is 150VA optimum?

OTOH, I'm building my monoblock with seperate chasis for PSU and amplifier. So do I really need toroidal transformer or I can just use EI transformer which is much cheaper in my place. I understand that EI transformer produces more stray EMI, but since I have seperate chasis to house my transformer, will it matter?

Can I use 3 pins XLR connector for connection between PSU and amplifier chasis? If not what is the most appropriate connector?

Thanks for your advise.

:)

Thanks agent.5.

OTOH, I'm building my monoblock with seperate chasis for PSU and amplifier. So do I really need toroidal transformer or I can just use EI transformer which is much cheaper in my place. I understand that EI transformer produces more stray EMI, but since I have seperate chasis to house my transformer, will it matter?

Can I use 3 pins XLR connector for connection between PSU and amplifier chasis? If not what is the most appropriate connector?

Regards.

So do I really need toroidal transformer or I can just use EI transformer which is much cheaper in my place. I understand that EI transformer produces more stray EMI, but since I have seperate chasis to house my transformer, will it matter?

My guess is that it will make no difference as long as you have a good power supply. But I suggest that you seek a second opinion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.