tr substitute


2001-04-16 4:04 am
HI all,

can I subsitute tr 2SA1302 + 2SC 3281 with 2SA1493 + 2SC5200

what is the substitute for MJE 15030 and 15031
Many thanks for the reply.

sorry my bad.... the tr should be 2sa1943.
how bout 2sc2922 and 2 sa1216 or its bigger brother (300w device)
can it replace sa1302 and sc3281?
please enlightened me on the secret of tr substitution?
what should I look carefully...

please bear with me....
I'm a diy novice and have about zero know how in circuit designing or trouble shooting
miracoulusly though I've built JLH 15W class A (still some hum issue and oscilation from the psu) and a kit power amp using mj 15003 and mj15004

another question
my next project will be the ESP 60 w ( )
if I want to paralleling the o/p tr
should i add the emitter resistor to supply voltage or collector resistor to output ?

Thanks alot for your kind attention

[Edited by dexter on 04-16-2001 at 06:19 PM]
The MJE15030/MJE15031 are high power/high frequency driver transistors. Depending upon the application, there are a number of substitutes. Assuming that you are looking for drivers for the 2SA1943/2SC5200 then suitable alternatives would be Toshiba's own drivers, either 2SA1837/2SC4793 or 2SA1930/2SC5171. These have the same case (TO-220) as the MJE devices. The 2SA1930/2SC5171 have a higher current rating (2A) than the 2SA1837/2SC4793 (1A) and are nearer to the rating of the MJE15030/MJE15031 (4A).