Totally stupid!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=29134

All I can say is: I couldnt believe what i was reading!!!!!!!!! (By page 3 its literally out of control :D (So far thats as far as i have read))

At least the guy didnt post this UNDER HIS OWN NAME!! (Like ppl do on facebook for example (TOTALLY STUPID))

I wonder if the guy had a camera in the car?? (Im wondering how he discovered what they did)

All kinds of dishonest/UNTRUSTWORTHY people in this world....... (I cant believe the thread hasnt been locked!!)

This is why I am so glad I can repair my own cars.
I sometimes get antsy if I have not pulled out a wrench in a while.

I have seen dealers or repair shops do too many stupid things.
My list of bad experiences:
The heating/AC fan fuse blows on your grandmother's car and it is under warranty. Dodge dealer tells her that is normal and to turn the fan on low and avoid the higher settings.
The power window tracks keep breaking. Car is maybe 3 years old. Dealer tells her that someone is trying to break in and that is why they broke. On the other hand, the power windows still work on my 91 Toyota Previa.

I have taken a car in to get front brake work done and oddly the self locking nut on the back strut comes loose a few days after it was back.

The best is when my dad was out of town and my mom had to take her 85 toyota van to a shop because it was making a rattling noise in the exhaust. She went to a place in South Denver with Import in the name. The tech walked around the van twice and asked her where was the engine. She said never mind and left quickly.

It's a sad fact that you do not know what happens to your car when it's at a garage for whatever reason. You have to trust to their professionalism but always be wary that employees, especially the grunts might not be so diligent in the approach to work. Although sometimes even proprietors of businesses will go out of their way to act fraudulently to benefit themselves, which, with vehicle repairs is easy to do given that most people have no idea what is going on under the bonnet/hood.
Had this happen last year: wife called me to say she had broken down so I went to see what was up......broken clutch? Got nearby garage to tow her in and they said broken auto clutch adjustment. Easy fix, no problem. Next day they phone my wife to say that the diaphragm spring had broken! OK, wife needs car, get it done. Job is done! and the following weekend I check oil, water, hydraulic fluid etc on wife's car. I see new clutch cable but I do not see any sign of of the engine being split (Mk3 Golf) or handled in any way. I pop open inspection plug next to flywheel ( for timing set) and no sign of new clutch. So I take it to another garage and ask them their opinion and sure enough they agree. Well, I'm hopping mad at this point, we're over £500.0 worse off! Trading standards are called in, the car is taken to a government test centre and they agree, so back to second garage to have new clutch done inspected all the while by trading standards and photographed.
It eventually goes to court, the garage owner admits guilt and just gets a fine, and we get our money back.
Not satisfied with the result because we will not be his only victims. Check that the work has been done is all I can say.

It eventually goes to court, the garage owner admits guilt and just gets
a fine, and we get our money back.Not satisfied with the result because
we will not be his only victims.

The legislation ought to be changed so the shop, besides paying a
fine, is closed down for a certain period of time as a result of their
unprofessionalism.

Last edited:
I agree, but also previous customers should be contacted to ensure that invoiced work was carried out in a correct manner. Fortunately I know my around an engine having repaired my own for many years so I know what to look for, otherwise he would have gotten away with it. The owner of the garage must a bit stupid as all he had to do was clean some areas around the gearbox and the front driveshafts and clean some bolt heads to make it look like it had been worked on and I would have been none the wiser!

I work in a collision repair shop and see a lot of different cars, sports cars, heavily modified, luxury, classic, you name it. I have never heard of anything like this so I hope not everyone thinks all technicians in the field are like this!

No doubt that's a fast car I have a family member that has a modified svt cobra mustang and it's impressive.

My guess is that it's some kid that hasn’t been working there for very long.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.