Top 5 Albums from major or mainstream artists

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What are your top 5 favourite albums to liten to that come from major artists? Many of these lists are crowded with obscure albums from artisits most of us have never heard of. Of course, many of the very best recordings are not well known, but how about the well produced gems in the main stream? Bonus points for greatest hits collections. Here are some of my favorites:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Steely Dan - A decade of Steely Dan
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Paul Simon - Shining like a National Guitar (greatest hits)

My Top 5 in no particular order, Joni Mittchell Hegira. The Wall Floyd, Crime of The Century Supertramp(simply because it was the best recording i ever heard after Sgt Pepper)Grace Jeff Buckley (what a loss)& Anything by David Lindley Icould go on many,many,more icould give you a top5 probably more than a dozen times.banginon

Astral Weeks
Stormcock
John Wesley Harding
Fulfillingness' First Finale
Electric Ladyland

w

Interestingly, there's one of the few cover versions I ever liked in both original and cover. All Along The Watchtower. Apocalyptic.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.