TIE Brute: open-baffle / horn speakers

It also seems to me that this is a question of the size of the room and acoustic treatment.

I have experimented with adding back firing small full range drivers, but I don't use them now. To be honest, I could not conclude whether I liked sound with them more or less, the difference was in small details. They added some ambiance but didn't put the instruments in the room.

During one of the crossover updates they simply did not fit into the electrical circuit and I removed them :)

By the way, I haven’t updated the thread for some time, I want to add information from another thread, about my subwoofers/speakers setup:

I have a living room connected to the kitchen and corridor, which gives strange and unpredictable bass behavior with anomalies around 40 and 80 Hz. On the positive side, I have a large window area, I think this reduces the overall reverb on the bass (though it didn't help on its own).

I have 2 dipole speakers that can play from 35-40 Hz in this room + two servo subwoofers, but they are located in one place in the room.

Subwoofers play with dipoles up to 100Hz. There was one single place in the room in which there was a fairly even response up to 100 Hz. In all other positions, and I try all of them, in stereo and mono subs :) there were deep peaks and dips. The subwoofer crossover was chosen empirically to remove the dip in the 80Hz region that the dipoles had. The main speakers were delayed by 20ms to keep the subwoofers in timing.

I add a 35 Hz crossover for the main speakers, which reduces anomalies in the 40 Hz region. I accidentally discovered that adding a crossover there affects the room modes, and searched for its slope to improve the picture on the spectrogram.

And of course, some EQ for subs, dipoles and all together. The result is a distributed monopole + dipole 2+1 system, crucial to getting a smooth response was to find the optimal place for the subwoofer, adjust the delay and look for high / low crossovers for subs and dipoles, which, by their interaction, reduced room effects.

1671549476585.png

1671549489664.png

Reactions: 1 user