TI-Calc speaker building

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just wanted to bounce some ideas off of the forum here. I, like many students, have a TI (-83) graphing calculator. I have found the CBL (calculator based laboratory, a device which facilitates I/O with different probes) online for $50, and the corresponding measurement mic for $35 (or one could build their own, as detailed at www.speakerbuilder.net). I am currently writing a TI calc program that does all the standard crossover and box calculations, but was thinking about adding frequency reponse and impedence measurement to it ( impedence would be measured through a voltage probe in and freq. counter in a voltage divider). This would create a very mobile, easy tool with which the amateur could probably get some decent results, assuming the mic is decent enough (maybe it could be calibrated).
I want to be able to combine the frequency response of the calulated filter with the measured driver response to get an estimated "real" freq response, much like the high-priced computer based systems do.
My question is this, how do i calulate filter frequency responses? I want to find the attenuation at a certain freq. for a given filter at a given freq. Are there standard formulas or is it some voodo that only the high-priced systems can do? I think it has to do with the Q, but I can not find any formulas. Thank you for reading all of this and thank you in advance for any help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.