This link will make Mr. Pass smile !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mert!

Nice setup you have! If you had posted it last year, I would have come for a visit! :) (I was in Antalya in August)

Regards,

Vix

p.s. "The eye" on the top of X250.5 tells me that the Pass amp is the most valuable piece of the system! :cool:

Mert,

Nice system.

Here Passlabs X250.5 at home

Macka

Attachments

• passsystem.jpg
    passsystem.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 730
Hi Mert,

They are large 4 way JBL studio monitors model 4345.
Overall 10 cubic feet in volume. 300lb each.

Some specifications

32 - 320 hertz ~18 inch woofers 4 inch voice voice 1 inch excursion, 320- 1200 hertz ~10 inch midcone 3 inch voice coil ,1200 -9000 hertz ~ exponential horn with 1 inch compression driver using aquaplas coated titanium diaphragm, 9,000-21,000 hertz ~slot radiater.

Frequency range 32 hertz - 21 khertz @95 dba.

I built up these clones in 2004 with the assistance of the original design engineer Greg Timbers at JBL and some other member on the Lansing Heritage forums.

Its a fairly old design by todays standards but they are impressive when properly setup.

They seem to work well with the Passlabs amplification

Attachments

• 250.5amp.jpg
    250.5amp.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 512
I have some Dynaudio on loan but I prefer the JBL, freedom from power compression. The disadvantage is they really need to be biamped to avoid response issues around 100 hertz using a full passive crossover.

The plan is to build this design in 2008 and literally play with all my Pass amps. Its an nice easy 8 ohm load and can produce a nearly perfect square wave in terms of phase response.

http://customanalogue.com/elsinore/elsinore_index.htm

Wayne

Actually, it is a hedgehog, it is not a dog. The hedgehog is hanging with me since 2003. Check the pictures , you will get the story....(it is not a yo-yo, its a blue eye, for protecting the all gear for bad luck, murphy law, ....)
IMG_0123.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture1138.jpg
[/IMG]

As you can see, hedgehog is resident...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.