This is sick...

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Where there's muck there's brass! ;)
I got fed up with the hipster beard and 'this is cool'* after 2 rooms so didn't really see any brass bar the Well tempered turntable. Lots and lots of tuners and as it was a repair shop bet many of those were left behind when the repair costs were quoted. Now of course if you have a youtube advertorial channel aimed at the right demographic you can shift any old junk pretending its either a) good or b)valuable.

Given the way he was tyre kicking most of the stuff I wouldn't buy anything off him, but I am not the target demographic for his you tube channel...

Reactions: 2 users
Account Closed
Joined 2010
Yeah chuck in an insult if you have nothing intelligent to say.
I might be too blunt for you unfortunately...yet I can't even dream of your native talent on this particular subject.Unfortunately I can't allow myself to pay for the right of doing it the right way as others do.
You should keep ignoring me, my topics, my idiotic views on the world, please!
Have a nice day, today !

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...ge-85-dba-sn-ratio.387375/page-3#post-7054078
You have three likes on that...do you need more?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220725-125934_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220725-125934_Samsung Internet.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: 1 user
I think I'd rather take a punch to the balls than have to deal with so much junk.

There are a couple good things, but mostly just garbage to me. Quad speakers (if actual Quads, not the dumb things that look like them with normal cone and dome drivers) are highly valuable and exceptional to many. The Eico I would take. Marantz tube stuff is worth something but skip for me except resale; same for Dynaco. The Scott tuners and Sansui white dial tuner... That's about it unless one of the TT's he glossed over was good.

I know you can sell B&O TT's all day but who cares. Time vs money, that's hell. It only works for him because he's weird and clueless... and runs a YouTube channel so lots of filler.

Reactions: 1 users
Account Closed
Joined 2010
If you don't know the current prices of that "trash" better don't talk...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3138829606...customid=054d501c-0cb9-11ed-8a59-346232333965
https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/audio-tv-en-foto/bandrecorders/m1867112226-tandberg-td20a-bandrecorder
Believe it or not...in the course of max 2 years this guy can make 1 million bucks out of those machines cause he will use the damaged machines to restore his other possesions or clients ones.
He just need to work hard but 500k/year looks very good to me.I'd fix anything for him for 1/10th of the money he gets out of that store.

Last edited:
If you don't know the current prices of that "trash" better don't talk...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3138829606...customid=054d501c-0cb9-11ed-8a59-346232333965
https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/audio-tv-en-foto/bandrecorders/m1867112226-tandberg-td20a-bandrecorder
Believe it or not...in the course of max 2 years this guy can make 1 million bucks out of those machines cause he will use the damaged machines to restore his other possesions or clients ones.
He just need to work hard but 500k/year looks very good to me.I'd fix anything for him for 1/10th of the money he gets out of that store.

PFfttt. Do you know how many years you might have to sit on things for them to sell (if at all)? That isn't enough equipment to guarantee any dependable income with average sales per month. And I think your estimates are wildly high.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
May be ...may be not...But the guy has 75 000 followers.I have no ideea how much he'd be paying a good service engineer in the US...I'd offer the job to two eastern europeans who'd kill for 50k/year to fix the whole stack while living in the repair shop premisses working 10...12 hrs/day.That means 250 k loss including food and other expenses for 750k win if my estimates are right.Even if the estimates are wild he'd still make 200k /year out of that.I used to fix 2 million bucks Siemens x ray machines , spectrometers , co2 and exciplex Coherent lasers for 4k/year in my country 10 years ago.Do you have any ideea what I can do for 50 k/year in a job that looks more like a hobby?The best medical equipment service engineer is paid a maximum 25 k/year in my country for working 12...16 hours/day of which at least 4...12 hours /day can be driving hours to the clients location and back.Here you're supposed to drive 400 miles to client's premisses, fix the machine and drive back same day for that kind of money. Keep that in mind!

Last edited:
Account Closed
Joined 2010
Imagine just uploading 200 repair -restoration movies on youtube and monetize them too! I bet he preffers content creation on youtube to make his money...He probably didn't even paid for that store , just may have borrowed it for content creation with later payments to the owner...unless it's the other way around and the shop owner paid him to show his stuff on a well known channel.

Last edited: