Teacher needs projection panel help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My school does not have the funds to purchase a projector, so I have been researching and found out about the projection panels.

I need help with trying to figure out which one I would need. I teach 7th grade and would use the projector for a lot of PowerPoint presentations, games, and notes.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for and where I can begin to look for them, besides ebay?

I appreciate any help that you can offer.

Amie

try asking

Most of these overhead projection panels were bought by companies several years ago. They are now being replaced with LCD projectors, and the companies sell off their old projection panels to surplus equipment resellers. (A lot of those end up on eBay.)

Since you are a teacher looking for classroom equipment, I bet some company in the area would be happy to donate their old LCD panel. All you have to do is ask. It might be worth more to them for a tax deduction, than they get from the surplus reseller!

Some ideas: See if somebody at the local Chamber of Commerce has any contacts for you to try. Or maybe try the C.C. in a nearby large city.

One point in your favor: You don't really need a 16 million color display for Powerpoint, so you are not competing for high-end panels with people building DIY projectors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.