Teac CD-P3450SE faulty transport???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Teac CD-P3450SE with the following fault:

it powers up fine and if you track skip you can hear the laser moving. BUT it will not spin the CD, when you load the CD it is raised by the trasport off the tray and given a little 'kick' as if its starting to spin but then doesn't spin and the display just reads 'disc' (I don't have a manual but presume this means it isn't detecting the disc in the player).

any advice on what I can do?

tries to spin just the once when you hit play, you can track skip and hear the lazer movin but from memory it doesn't try and spin the disc again until you stop it and hit play again, it doesn't repeatedly whirr the laser and try and spin the disc then eventually give up. Any easy way do diagnose which would be at fault, I can imaging the laser being an easier swap than the spindle motor (and I've done plenty of lasers in car audio CD players).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.