TDA7294 capacitor polarity

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

I'm building an amplifier based on the TDA7294 chip and have had a look at some different schematics. One thing puzzles me a bit (on attached schematic) the C8 lytic has positive side to gnd. However on other schematics it is the other way around (with nothing else changed). Can it be both ways or what is the correct orientation of the cap?

Thanks

-Mads

Attachments

• audio-power-amplifier-60w-with-tda7294_med.gif
    audio-power-amplifier-60w-with-tda7294_med.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 144
If the input devices are NPN then there will be a slight negative voltage on the cap.

input current x R5...not much but still there.

If the input devices are PNP then positive voltage.

I would put two (double value) in series (- together). Then it will not matter if the input is NPN or PNP. (or FET)

But that is just me.

:)

I'm building an amplifier based on the TDA7294 chip and have had a look at some different schematics. One thing puzzles me a bit (on attached schematic) the C8 lytic has positive side to gnd. However on other schematics it is the other way around (with nothing else changed). Can it be both ways or what is the correct orientation of the cap?
As far as I know, the C8 cap's polarity is reversed in your schematic :usd:. Please look at the datasheet from ST and zoom in the PDF file in order to see that cap. You'll notice the right polarity as given by the manufacturer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.