Tapping 12v from a NAP140 clone PCB board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi , i have a problem i need help with im planning on assembling a NAP140 clone amp with a 12v DC speaker protection circuit board , can anyone help me with a solution on providing 12 VDC to the speaker protection board form the amplifier board voltage rail . Rather than having a seperate 12 VDC voltage source .

NAP classic clone.jpg

this is the schematic of the Amp

omron relay spec

Coil Current:11.5mACoil Resistance:4.17kohmCoil Type:DC, MonostableCoil Voltage VAC Nom:48VCoil Voltage VDC Nom:48VContact Configuration:DPCOContact Current Max:5AContact Voltage AC Nom:250VContact Voltage DC Nom:30VExternal Depth:25.5mmExternal Height:29mmExternal Width:13mmNom Operating Power:530mWRelay Mounting:Through HoleRelay Type:powerApproval Bodies:CSA / SEMKO / SEV / ULCoil Operating Lower Percent Limit:70%Coil Operating Upper Percent Limit:110%Contact Current AC Max:5AContact Current DC Max:5AContact Voltage AC Max:240VContact Voltage DC Max:30VDC Coil Power:530mWExternal Length / Height:29mmMounting Type:pCBNo. of Poles:2Operating Temperature Max:70°COperating Temperature Min:-40°COperating Time:15msRelease Time:15msSeries:G2RSwitch Current Max:5ASwitching Current Max:5A

Not *this* one, you posted data for a 48V DC coil relay, yet your protection circuit runs on 12V
Continue searching fo the proper 12V DC part.
Anyway the current for the 48V one is only 11.5 mA ; the 12VDC one will need around 4X that or 45/50mA (check it anyway).
Including the rest of the circuit I doubt it needs more than 100 mA .
Piece of cake.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.