Sound system can't be delivered internationally?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I plan to install a sound system in a public waiting/ recreation space for an office/practice. We want to deliver a system we already have back from Germany to our new space in Mumbai, India (Bose Lifestyle 550 5.1).

But some infodesk person from an equipment supplier that we use for other stuff claims that it’s not possible to deliver sound systems from Europe to Germany.

Now
1. I have had 3 radios sent to me in the past in a box, no problem.

2. I suspect the supplier to just wants to sell me more stuff, but then again it’s a pretty large sound system in comparison to 3 puny radios.

So basically my question is in general, do you have experience with sound equipment being completely banned from being sent to a country just because it is from abroad?

-Ph

We want to deliver a system we already have back from Germany to our new space in Mumbai, India (Bose Lifestyle 550 5.1).

But some infodesk person from an equipment supplier that we use for other stuff claims that it’s not possible to deliver sound systems from Europe to Germany.

do you have experience with sound equipment being completely banned from being sent to a country just because it is from abroad?
1) I guess you mean being sent from Germany to India
2)
not possible to deliver sound systems from Europe to Germany
onsense.

There *may* be a problem if India demands any electrical device imported to meet India´s Electrical Safety Rules, but most unlikely in a "serious" product such as Bose.

Even if it does not have an Indian certificate , in general some well established rules such as the European ones are almost universally accepted.

Check:
Central Electricity Authority Regulations - Wikipedia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.