Sound Stream PIC 1.1700D shorting outputs...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry for my last reply on another post.....after i re check the driver board on this amp i found shorted mpsa42 transistor....checked all the diodes and resistors in output stage....all output fets....something else before i replace outputs and the mpsa42?there are two white ic's-couplers i think-but im not sure for them....

I don't know how they're numbered on your board but Q124 and Q125 VERY commonly fail.

The opto-couplers are for power supply voltage regulation, over-current and DC offset protection and one section controls the output of the driver board.

The attached diagram is a similar amp. Many amps use the same basic design.

Attachments

• poweracoustik - a3000db.pdf
    205.2 KB · Views: 91
replace all the outputs fets,double and triple check all the components at the driver board....i can hear output signal but i can notice that 2sc1027 the q111 its getting warmer,hot. at the driver board...iam afraid to leave the amplifier working without heatsink...any suggestions?im afraid if it getting damage to driver board...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.