• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Single Lowther Acousta Cabinet in London

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Single early Lowther Acousta cabinet is looking for a home. It's in pretty good condition, considering its age, with only a few marks. As you can see from the picture, it's a pretty unusual example that has a strange looking flared decorative frame around its front. It's the early, deeper type.

Have had it for a while in the hope that I will build a mono system out of it. Unfortunately I have too much on my plate and a backlog of 2-3 audio projects that are a priority over this and as I have another two Acoustas in my living room, my girlfriend and brother (who I live with) are rapidly losing tolerance, so it has to go. Spent around £80 to buy and bring it down to London, but as this was part of a purchase of 4 cabinets and I am also hoping to see it go fast, I'm happy to take £40 for it.

Alternatively, could be interested in a swap with bits and bobs you have in the back of your fun drawer or offer it as part payment for a pair of SE output transformers and/or suitable power transformers for a forthcoming SE project.

Pick up from east London. If you want to arrange delivery elsewhere, happy to discuss and help with arrangements, but can tell you that it's very expensive - looked into it when I bought this and I decided to rent a car and drive in the end.

Attachments

• IMG_2216.JPG
    IMG_2216.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 95
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.