sg3525 spice model needed !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi:

It works, I am using SG3525 model now. Edit sg3525.asy file with a text editor, check this line: SYMATTR SpiceModel ..\sym\Mylib\Mylib.lib, must be: SYMATTR SpiceModel Mylib.lib.
Put Mylib.lib inside lib folder of LTSpice. Restart the application.
You dont need asc. file only put the component inside your schematic. The .asy file edited line points to the sg3525 model inside the library.

Regards.

hi sir , i simulated LTspice model of sg3525 , but i think model has some problem
the output of error amplifier available at compensation terminal of ic is not changing when i am changing input to non inverting terminal

please help me how to get accurate model

can some one explain more this:
Edit sg3525.asy file with a text editor, check this line: SYMATTR SpiceModel ..\sym\Mylib\Mylib.lib, must be: SYMATTR SpiceModel Mylib.lib.
You dont need asc. file only put the component inside your schematic. The .asy file edited line points to the sg3525 model inside the library.

There's a copy of the SG3525 model referenced above posted in-line at LTspice model for SG2525/SG3525 - All About Circuits Forum

I've used this model quite extensively myself; the only thing I can think of that you'll need to note is that if you're wanting to simulate soft-start (which the model does support), you'll need to set an initial charge on the soft-start capacitor using an IC= parameter, otherwise the DC operating point will be calculated with the capacitor already fully charged.

There's a copy of the SG3525 model referenced above posted in-line at LTspice model for SG2525/SG3525 - All About Circuits Forum

I've used this model quite extensively myself; the only thing I can think of that you'll need to note is that if you're wanting to simulate soft-start (which the model does support), you'll need to set an initial charge on the soft-start capacitor using an IC= parameter, otherwise the DC operating point will be calculated with the capacitor already fully charged.

It's very helpful,thanks a lot!

Hi:

It works, I am using SG3525 model now. Edit sg3525.asy file with a text editor, check this line: SYMATTR SpiceModel ..\sym\Mylib\Mylib.lib, must be: SYMATTR SpiceModel Mylib.lib.

Regards.

Where is the error amp,not functioning, does this model have one?

Where is the error amp,not functioning, does this model have one?

The model does have an error amplifier, modelled with voltage-controlled current-source "G1" in the subcircuit.

I have used this model extensively, and can confirm the error amplifier works.

I've attached my "remodelling" of the SG3525 as an LTSpice schematic. This produces a netlist identical to the model referenced above, and is a good way to see what's being modelled and how.

Attachments

• Remodel_SG3525A.asc
    16.3 KB · Views: 790
@kees52 - load up my SG3525 "remodel" in LTSpice, and you'll be able to see how the model was constructed. From that, you should be able to make an equivalent model in Multisim.

I've never used Multisim, so I can't help you on the specifics of doing this.

Thanks

I did already use LTspice, it do better with smps supply. Proteus 8 also tryed however this is very buggy crashing software.

powersim also does oke, it is special for smps, but has little lib.

regards

kees

Multisim SG3525A

Hi Planet12,

I am a multisim user. I took your advice opened your SG3525A model in LTSpice and am replicating it in Multisim, where I will post for others. I have a couple of questions.

First, D13 not quite sure how you made this. Especially with the 0 breakdown voltage.

Second, the behavioral buffer with complementary output. What exactly is this and how does it work? I cannot find a comparable part in multisim.

Thanks! :)

It is old library. It isn't updated for a long time. The new library is here http://valvolodin.narod.ru/soft/ValVol.zip
And for Infinion FETs you should use their models from.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/power-mosfet-simulation-models/

you can put .lib in some folder, in LTSpice add .inc to that folder, place nmos or pmos on schematic, hold CTRL and right click on mosfet and change prefix to X, to use subcircuit from file. Name of mosfet will be the same as in the .lib file (open with text editor). -L0 is level0 for basic simulation.

There are L1, L2 and L3 also, but I didn't get them to work, you change things. L0 works just fine

Attachments

• Capture22.JPG
    Capture22.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 362
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.