• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Seperate Amp for center channel

I have an old HH Scott (integrated)amp that has a derived center channel output for adding a center channel to your system. It is just a mono audio output to connect to an external amplifier.

So- what I need is a mono channel amplifier for one speaker. Volume and tone are controled from the amp; so for the center channel the amp basically acts as a preamp. All I need is an amp with one channel, on/off switch, and a level control(if possible); to compensate for room acoustics.

Does anyone here have, or know of a project that would work for this application? I also add this criteria- cost must= <$150.

Did I explain my situation clearly enough?