seas l18

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all. Its been quite awhile since Ive been on this site. Im looking build my next set of loudspeakers. I have a pair of the Seas l18 metals. I was wondering what projects r out there that utilize these speakers. So far Ive only found the ones on Zaphs site using the l18/27tbfcg. Im searching ans searching but only seem to find Zaphs project. Any other suggestions?? I would hate to have buy other speakers just to follow another design. I would rather stick to something that is tried and true. Thanks.

What tweeters are you planning to use with the L18s? I am assuming you are not using the 27TBFC/G.

If you choose another tweeter, you'll want to crossover to the L18 no higher than 2KHz. I recall Zaph saying in hindsight he would lower the L18/27TBFCG Fc to approx 1.7KHz. This is to further reduce the harmonic distortion contributed by the L18 - caused by the 7KHz breakup node.

Candidate tweeters (that can handle the excursion requirements of the lower xo point) are the Seas 27TDFC and Dayton RS28... and probably others in that price range.

David.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.