Salas SSLV1.3 UltraBiB shunt regulator

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Reflektor-D is optimized for lower Vo already. L-Adapter can also go there. Modification in the Ubib can be tried by changing M2 to logic level like the IRL530 and using one red LED only but I am also worried about resulting in far too squeezed voltage margins for some JFETs in this. I.e. It could possibly manage but I am not sure if as good as you already like it at 5V.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It usually current limits and survives an output short. That is what the M1 controller does on top of biasing the shunt.
Look in Q2 and Q3 for correct Vbe first (around 0.6V). Then for M1 M2 correct Vgs (around 4V and 3V or some more).

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Salas, long time, hope all is well. I need a new psu for my MiniDSP 2x4HD. It doesnt need much, well below an amp 12 vdc. It comes with a wallwart of 800 mA but the consumption is rather mA. L-pad seems a bit overkill, what do you say? I need to ground and lift the psu anyway to get rid of a loop so I thought I’d diy something.

Reactions: 1 user
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Salas, long time, hope all is well. I need a new psu for my MiniDSP 2x4HD. It doesnt need much, well below an amp 12 vdc. It comes with a wallwart of 800 mA but the consumption is rather mA. L-pad seems a bit overkill, what do you say? I need to ground and lift the psu anyway to get rid of a loop so I thought I’d diy something.
Hi, nice to see you posting. All is well. As Vgeorge advised the L-Adapter PSU is most adequate for the consumption pattern of such devices. Well liked and made by many.

Reactions: 1 user