RS 40-1197 Suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of these and I'm trying to find the different build designs available. As I understand, the 40-1197 and FE-103 can typically be interchanged. I've found a few designs such as the Baby Labs and Harpoons. These both list the FF85 as the driver for which they're designed, but also list the FE-103.
Will these work for the RS 40-1197?
Is the Lance no longer available? I've seen mentioned quite a bit, but all the links to it are basically dead links.
I want something small, so the Zigmahorns are out. Are there some links to other builds using the RS 40-1197? I'll be using it with a small sub. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike ; I may get some flack for this, but I think even if you have the required space, the Zigmahornets can easily be surpassed . I heard them with the original version of the Dave Merrill driver, and - meh. Hell, maybe even the FH3?

As for the Lance - contact Dave at his P10 email- silly sh!t like that link being dead that is not unheard of, even for an experienced web geek. It might even be repaired by the timestamp of this post.

I've built almost every model in the Baby-Labs series, but can't remember the name of one that might be appropriate for the 1197.

As this driver and variants has been around since the late 60's, there must be a bazillion enclosure designs from which to choose -well certainly dozens.

Score yourself another pair, and the first design that comes to mind is the Bert Doppenberg BD pipes - check Dave's site for that one. " Holy time-warp, Batman" (e.g. some of our own builds might have been last century?)

Mike ; I may get some flack for this, but I think even if you have the required space, the Zigmahornets can easily be surpassed . I heard them with the original version of the Dave Merrill driver, and - meh. Hell, maybe even the FH3?

As for the Lance - contact Dave at his P10 email- silly sh!t like that link being dead that is not unheard of, even for an experienced web geek. It might even be repaired by the timestamp of this post.

I've built almost every model in the Baby-Labs series, but can't remember the name of one that might be appropriate for the 1197.

As this driver and variants has been around since the late 60's, there must be a bazillion enclosure designs from which to choose -well certainly dozens.

Score yourself another pair, and the first design that comes to mind is the Bert Doppenberg BD pipes - check Dave's site for that one. " Holy time-warp, Batman" (e.g. some of our own builds might have been last century?)

Thanks Chris,
I saw the BD Pipes and liked the idea, but 1) I only have one pair, at least for now, and 2) I'm leaning toward something smaller.
However, I do believe I'd build the BD Pipes if I could score a second pair of 1197's; I haven't built a set of speakers anything like them, and I like trying new builds.
Thanks again for the info,
Mike

The Falcon might be the best of this series for the 103, as it's not that far away from the intended FF105WK.

I couldn't find the BabyLab sheet @Planet_10, so I'll just post up my copy:

jeff

Attachments

• Woden-BabyLabs-150415.pdf
    535.7 KB · Views: 99
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.