Ron's A126 without suprabaffle & deflector?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone tried Ron's A126 with FE126E without suprbaffle and deflector?
How does it sound? Care to share your experience?

- Louis

I have used the Austin A166 with no supra-baffle, and no deflector. It was still nice but the deflector definitely refines and extends the bass. Otherwise, this is a horn without much of a mouth :)

Louis -for the FE126 I found the suprabaffle quite significantly improved the upper midbass/lower midrange frequencies that might not be as much of an issue with the FE166 and wider enclosure that mr Bond mentioned. For the A126, original Frugelhorn and the Horneshoppe Horn, our findings on the deflector were he describes above.

Louis -for the FE126 I found the suprabaffle quite significantly improved the upper midbass/lower midrange frequencies that might not be as much of an issue with the FE166 and wider enclosure that mr Bond mentioned. For the A126, original Frugelhorn and the Horneshoppe Horn, our findings on the deflector were he describes above.

What is the horn length of the A126? I can't find this info in the plan documents. I did a rough calculation around 2.6m. Anyone with the exact value?

Is the info below correct?

CC = 2.2l
Throat = 24cm2
Mouth = 524cm2
Length = 260cm

What about the A126 with alternate mouth treatment? Anyone tried building it? Seems like a good idea to incorporate the deflector into the box!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What is the horn length of the A126? I can't find this info in the plan documents. I did a rough calculation around 2.6m. Anyone with the exact value?

Is the info below correct?

CC = 2.2l
Throat = 24cm2
Mouth = 524cm2
Length = 260cm

What about the A126 with alternate mouth treatment? Anyone tried building it? Seems like a good idea to incorporate the deflector into the box!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ron spent a fair bit of time refining this design, of which the size and radius of curved mouth is an integral component. It's not a particularly quick build, and I'd hesitate to modify it at the risk of being underwhelmed.

To be honest, we did find a minor issue with our original build with the smaller driver chamber, which necessitated some several reconstructive surgery. IINM, Ron did revisit his initial math to confirm that what we heard wasn't just a figment of our imaginations. The results were sonically worth while, but cosmetically it did not meet the WAF.

As for the path length, if you have measured drawings, it should be calculable therefrom. I just build the darn things, so as long as the parts actually fit, I'm happy.

Ron spent a fair bit of time refining this design, of which the size and radius of curved mouth is an integral component. It's not a particularly quick build, and I'd hesitate to modify it at the risk of being underwhelmed.

To be honest, we did find a minor issue with our original build with the smaller driver chamber, which necessitated some several reconstructive surgery. IINM, Ron did revisit his initial math to confirm that what we heard wasn't just a figment of our imaginations. The results were sonically worth while, but cosmetically it did not meet the WAF.

As for the path length, if you have measured drawings, it should be calculable therefrom. I just build the darn things, so as long as the parts actually fit, I'm happy.

The design that I have attached was found in the plan documents of the original A126 downloaded from frugal-horn webby.
I understand that not every design was ever built but I thought Ron would have calculated or simulated it before.

I read somewhere that CC for FE126 should be 2.2l, which is much bigger then the original plans. Is that what you were mentioning about the "minor issue"?

- Louis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.