Resonance frequency

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd use the frequency of at the peak on the impedance graph, which appears to be 18Hz, unless anyone can think of a technical reason to go for the other. Does it make much difference to the box size & tuning? I doubt that it would, there's no need to get response below the low 30s anyway.

And then be prepared for some other value. Maybe Eton is reliable, but a lot of what is available to DIYers is substandard product that failed QC and went out a side door, not to OEM buyers. That's why I settled on Scanspeak back in the 80s when I got tired of Audax and SEAS and Morel drivers measuring nearly x2 for fs. Not to mention Becker or CTS or Pyle or Peerless etc.

And then be prepared for some other value. Maybe Eton is reliable, but a lot of what is available to DIYers is substandard product that failed QC and went out a side door, not to OEM buyers. That's why I settled on Scanspeak back in the 80s when I got tired of Audax and SEAS and Morel drivers measuring nearly x2 for fs. Not to mention Becker or CTS or Pyle or Peerless etc.

+1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.