Repurposing Boston A60 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
(First post, but I have been lurking for quite a while).

I have a pair of old Boston A60's that I would like to repurpose. I would like to turn them into recording studio monitors as an experiment.

(I'm doing this purely as a learning experience. I already have a pair of Yorkville actives and Dynaudio passives powered by a Halfer amp in my studio.)

I have done extensive seaches for the A60 drivers' T/S parameter to no avail. Does anyone have any hints as to how I would design a box and crossovers for these drivers? (Either ported or closed boxes is OK. I would like to start with a passive X-over, but also build an active, bi-amped monitoring controller in the near future.).

I also have SpeakerWorkshop and a variety of Excel-based box design aids. I'm confident with the soldering iron (I have made mic preamps and other gear in the past.)

Thanks in advance -- I just need a kick in the right direction.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.