Quad OP AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am currently designing a phase linear 3 way active filter. I was considering using AD797 as the active component, however I have some size restrictions. I am looking for an equivalent Quad package. I was just at Analog Devices web site and I am unable to find anything in a Quad package for this series of Op Amps. does anyone have any suggestions?

if you have line level input the low noise of the ad797 isn't so important (the size of the passives that would preserve the noise performance would be prohibitive anyway, Ropt < 50 Ohms for AD797 noise )

duals are probably the most flexible for op amp rolling, quads may restrict your choice somewhat

fet input op amps generally have higher noise but allow higher R and lower C in the passive feedback components letting you use higher quality film caps of reasonable size

Two duals are nearly the same size as a single quad (16 pins vs. 14 pins) but they will allow you some additional flexibility in board layout. That could actually save you some space over using quads. And with duals, you have a very broad choice of devices to use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.