• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Preamp Chassis Layout Advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a 12B4 CCS preamp to go between my phono preamp and poweramp.

I have now got the designed finalized and have all the parts ordered. With the major parts already here I have got this mock chassis layout for the preamp.

How does this look?
*not all the parts shown are the actual ones I will be using (i.e. volume pot, power switch, etc.)
  1. The RCA jacks will be at the back right corner. 3 pairs of input jacks, 1 pair of output jacks
  2. That input/source selector and volume controls will have shaft extenders to bring the controls to the front panel of the chassis.
  3. There will be two big film caps and resistors at the front of the chassis where the two electrolytic caps are. This is due to the single regulated PSU. The RC filter will decouple each channel.
  4. I have the power switch at the front because it will be an illuminated push button. This does cause a long AC run from the back of the chassis where the IEC is to the front where the power switch is. Not sure if this is a problem? Maybe I should just put a simple power switch at the back?

Any other thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.