Please look that Laser Pickup...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Please could you look next pictures
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and tell me do you recognize which model of Laser Pickup is on those pictures. I can tell you that only what I know about it is name "CMK-81".
Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Regards!

oshifis said:
Zeljko,

You can search in this gallery, or even ask them for assistance:

http://www.ersatzteil.justone-schnepel.de/html/bildergallerie1.html

Sansui used KSS210A and KSS152A in other models, no idea about this one. Look for a paper sticker on either side.

Thank you for that site, I emailed to them about this pickup. I didnt find anything similar to this laser on that site :(

It seems that it is some custom made Sansui laser pickup :(

Regards!

oshifis said:
Is it dead? If you can see some red light, you can try carefully adjusting the pot (nothing to loose).
No I just got it, and I cant try it because it is 100V AC unit (Japaneses AC voltage), and I am waiting to receive one step-down trafo 220V to 100V AC. In meantime I am searching for that Laser, because it is too old, and I can expect problems with it. Because of that I wish to buy some new one.
I have original Service Manual for it, and I am going to make some restauration on it (recap and other things...)

Regards!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'd wait to see whether you actually have an issue before worrying too much about the laser. This mechanism looks like it might lend itself to transplanting something else. There is a thread here that shows how to transplant newer laser assemblies into a variety of older players - might provide some inspiration:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111364

My cheap 17 year old Sony is still working fine (in a new home now) after many thousands of hours (5K+) of use, OTOH my old (but much newer) PS Audio Lambda Drive with Philips CDM-9PRO died at well under 2K hours.

I keep thinking this might be a very early Sony derived mechanism based on some very early Sony players I've seen, but I could be dead wrong about that.

kevinkr said:
I'd wait to see whether you actually have an issue before worrying too much about the laser. This mechanism looks like it might lend itself to transplanting something else. There is a thread here that shows how to transplant newer laser assemblies into a variety of older players - might provide some inspiration:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111364

Thanks for that interesting thread :up:

Originally posted by kevinkr
My cheap 17 year old Sony is still working fine (in a new home now) after many thousands of hours (5K+) of use, OTOH my old (but much newer) PS Audio Lambda Drive with Philips CDM-9PRO died at well under 2K hours.

I keep thinking this might be a very early Sony derived mechanism based on some very early Sony players I've seen, but I could be dead wrong about that.
Again, it can be good, but if not, I would like to find source where I can buy it.

What is strange, in many sources I have found for Sansui CD Player CD-X701 has KSS152A, and on some sources I have found that CD-X901 has KSS152A too, but for sure this is not KSS152A:dead:

Regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.