• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

pl504 Vacuum tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

I designed this circuit in Multisim but there is a voltage drop in transformer. I think there is a problem with a transformer model.

can any one help please

here is the circuit reference : http://www.gtlab.net/gtlab2/filemanager/userpix/igor/low_anode_2.pdf
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I built this circuit and it's working I used this transformer

I appreciate your help thanks

Last edited:
Actually, both your model's figures and your results are likely correct.
Your audio transformer probably has a primary DC resistance of around 300 ohms, so feeding 33mA through it will drop about 9 to 10 volts.
In the article, they use a big transformer, likely with a primary DC resistance around 30 ohms, so they will only drop 1 volt.
You solution could be to use their transformer, or feed a voltage of 37 or so volts to the top of the transformer you have. Either will give the near 27 volts on the anode.

Gary

I just checked on your Adastra transformer, and it is an audio type which will have a high impedance, so you are not likely to get much power out of the circuit with it.
The article used a mains transformer which is much lower impedance on the primary side.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.