Crossovers were delivered wrong on the factory speakers. A quick fix involves just a few simple steps. Your jaw will drop when you hear the difference!
1. Open rear cover plate on speaker. 4 screws.
2. Pull out gently and note the crossover is attached.
3. Solder a shorting jumper over the sand resistor 3R3.
4. Cut thin red solid wire and solder to Heavy red wire's solder pad.
These actions do two things:
1. Over-ride the attenuation blocking action of the 3.3 ohm resistor, thus allowing the mid tweeter to open up.
2. Bypass the awful 1.8uf bipolar electrolytic capacitor that is in line with the ribbon tweeter. The ribbon does not need the cap at all and now it is directly across the primary speaker leads.
The Philips MCD-908 stereo system came out in 2007.
What you will notice when you re-power your speakers is a bright and full spectrum of sonic harmony. Especially in the ribbon tweeter which is now operating as intended!