Philips cdm-12.5 in Naim cd 3.5 broken ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Since few weeks i have problems with a cd-drive (Philips CDM-12.5 / VAM-1205) in my Naim cd 3.5.
CD Player is not recognizing the cd and shows err status. It is not the PUCK. Few weeks ago it was just necessary to wait 5 to 10 minutes, and the when 3.5 became little warmer the situation was ok, cds were recognized immediately. I was thinking that all circuits just have to stabilise.

Now after few weeks even after some time the cd player is not recognizing any cd (original, or copy). I was thinking that maybe it is is caused by two ALWSR inside (causing some instability), but after removing them, the situation doesn't changed. Today i have checked all cables, removed the complete transport, dissassembled the tray, checked everything. When i am inserting the cd the transport, it is trying to start, but it looks like it has not enough force to start the cd.
When i am pressing "play" without cd inside i see that the laser is trying to focuse and the axe is rotating once very fast, but with cd inside the transport is moving the cd very little ans shows error status. Any ideas ?

If the transport is broken, when can i get a new one ?
There is a place where i can get 1204 and 1206,
Is any of them compatible with 1205 ?
1206 looks very similar to 1205

sinski

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.