Panasonic PT-AX100E ballast problem/repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got this broken AX100 a while ago and did some troubleshooting with it.
Condition is as follows:
Unit wont fire the lamp (fans ok, green power led and LCDs show picture when checked with another light source) and P-module gives 384 and 14VDC to ballast so it should be ok so quite likely the problem is in the ballast. If I disconnect the Q-module from mainboard, the unit gives lamp fault indication. Ballast part number is TNPA4048 but I think the replacement part is TXANP02VKD3. Price of new ballast here is around 150€, which is way too much for old unit like this especially when there's no quarantee that it's the only broken part.

Does anyone have any tips how I could get the lamp lit cheaper? I'm not a guru with electronics but did some measuring and motherboard seems to give the 'lamp on' signal just fine but gates of Q9603/Q9614 are not getting anything, so first I tried to jump the source and drain which just made the unit whine like a bitch as it should operate as a chopper anyway and those fets are high freq ones and have no idea what freq they should operate.

So any hints what to try are welcome. I have nothing to lose. Ways to try to force the ballast on / cheaper replacement parts / places to find broken units to steal a working OEM part or anything.

Thanks in advance.

E: forgot to attach the schema

Attachments

• pt100ax_ele1.jpg
    pt100ax_ele1.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.