Panasonic PGS Graphite Sheet SSM, an alternative to Keratherm?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2017
Paid Member
Hello!

I found a new bait to chew on...:p

Are these Panasonic PGS Graphite Sheet, SSM better than Keratherm for the thermal stress of a A-class amp?

What do you think?

They seem quite interesting. I got into this topic because, while dreaming of how to build a parallel ACA, an F-4, and stuff, I'm worried a bit about the thermal problems (of not-so-big a chassis), and ways to improve heat-dissipation (like, using this outpaced material, copper-aluminium-heat-sinks, but no fan if possible).

thanks already
david

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Look at the list of features and benefits. Something crucially important for class-A amplifier applications, is NOT listed. Danger!

Then when you look at the numerical specifications, your worst fears are confirmed. It cannot replace Keratherm.

This stuff conducts electricity!! It is a thermal insulator but not an electrical insulator.

_

Attachments

• features.png
    features.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 106
  • table.png
    table.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 104
Joined 2017
Paid Member
Look at the list of features and benefits. Something crucially important for class-A amplifier applications, is NOT listed. Danger!

Then when you look at the numerical specifications, your worst fears are confirmed. It cannot replace Keratherm.

This stuff conducts electricity!! It is a thermal insulator but not an electrical insulator.

_

Thank you, Mark
I've found other threads about it, where it seems to conclude that with the electrical insulator—there seems to be a variant—they're not better than Keratherm. But then there's this SSM-option, wasn't sure about these... still investigating...

Here

and here

david

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.