Panasonic ECWFD or ECWFA for signal path.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got impression reading this forum that these Panasonic caps are good choice for this use. Just cant find what is the difference between these two models. Anyone have a clue, I have checked datasheets and could not spot any difference except tolerance.

And is there any other MKP cap worth trying with similar price/performance ratio.

From that link clearly the ECW-F(E) are the ones listing active filters in the intended uses (however they only seem to be available in 5% or 10% tolerance, which is not suitable for active filtering!)

Why choose one manufacturer and one series? Why not do a parametric search for the best match to your requirements?

Ok I will get ECWFD, ECWFA and ECWFE they are cheap so its ok.

Screenshot-1.png

It doesnt need to be only Panasonic or ECW series that is why I said is there any other cap I should look at, but I dont want to use those expensive long axial "audio caps". Only place I know where to look is here Humble Homemade Hifi - Cap Test and this site.

And btw ECWFD also lists as active filter circuits as recommended application.

Screenshot-2.png

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.