• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Output Transformer +,-,?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Electraprint output transformers came with paperwork that showed what wire went to where on the amplifier side. But on the output to the speakers, it doesn't say which wire should be positive, or negative. Does it matter as long as they are the same on each transformer?

Thank you all for your reply's. I e-mailed Jack at Electra-Print, and he e-mailed me back in a matter of minutes. I had it hooked up correctly, I think.
I have a green and a brown secondary wires. Jack says the brown should be grounded. That will extend high frequencies about 2K.
Does he mean that it goes to the negative speaker terminal? Or does he mean it goes to the negative speaker terminal and system ground (amp/chassis)?
Thank you all again.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.