orion 2150sx boost circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
anyone know which part of the board the boost circuitry is located?

i want to change the boost frequency from 40hz to around 45-47ish hz...on the low boost side .

and possibly change the high boost to a second low boost at an octave higher than the low boost...or somewhere around there.

how would you calcuate the values for the components used to determine the boost frequencies? :confused:

thanks

I have looked into this myself, but instead of changing the frequency, I wanted to bypass the mid and high.

I started to trace (but never completed) the signal thru the boost button over to a couple of op amps. It seems like orion uses a standard RC network around the opamp to produce the boost curve. Your best bet would be to draw out the entire boost circuit to determine which kind of filter topology is being used then it should be easy to calculate the desired center frequency.

Have you measured the frequency response with the boost enabled? I wouldn't be surprised if the frequency is off by a few Hz here and there due to tolerances in the resistors and capacitors. You may already be at 45Hz.

BTW, 9 hrs to go and still high bidder.

ECM said:
I have looked into this myself, but instead of changing the frequency, I wanted to bypass the mid and high.

I started to trace (but never completed) the signal thru the boost button over to a couple of op amps. It seems like orion uses a standard RC network around the opamp to produce the boost curve. Your best bet would be to draw out the entire boost circuit to determine which kind of filter topology is being used then it should be easy to calculate the desired center frequency.

Have you measured the frequency response with the boost enabled? I wouldn't be surprised if the frequency is off by a few Hz here and there due to tolerances in the resistors and capacitors. You may already be at 45Hz.

BTW, 9 hrs to go and still high bidder.

Btw, which amp are you bidding on? Is it the orion nt 100? For being brand new it looks like its been sitting out of the box for quite a while, kind of dusty.. I wonder what its going to go for, I"m guessing around $675-700.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.