OPA1622 based 4 x Outlet Headphone Amplifier

Just starting to layout my headphone amplifier using the 4 x OPA1622, this project started from needing a headphone amplifier that could drive 4 x 32 ohm headphones from a digital source and needed or I wanted it to be battery powered ; my family enjoy watching movies together and headphones are our choice for listening and so this project came about.
The design will have individual volume control for each outlet and have 3 x sources of audio available, USB Audio Bridge, Optical SPDIF and stereo balanced analog inputs as well as balanced outputs all using mostly TI.com ICs. DIR9001 for digital interface, PCM1794A DAC, OPA1622, OPA1656 and OPA1637 for balanced output drive. Volume control can be selected for the XLR outputs or jumper out on the main PCB.
battery management is using TI.com BQ25616RTWR IC.

OPA1622 based Headphone Amp.PNG

Reactions: 1 users
Just starting to layout my headphone amplifier using the 4 x OPA1622, this project started from needing a headphone amplifier that could drive 4 x 32 ohm headphones from a digital source and needed or I wanted it to be battery powered ; my family enjoy watching movies together and headphones are our choice for listening and so this project came about.
The design will have individual volume control for each outlet and have 3 x sources of audio available, USB Audio Bridge, Optical SPDIF and stereo balanced analog inputs as well as balanced outputs all using mostly TI.com ICs. DIR9001 for digital interface, PCM1794A DAC, OPA1622, OPA1656 and OPA1637 for balanced output drive. Volume control can be selected for the XLR outputs or jumper out on the main PCB.
battery management is using TI.com BQ25616RTWR IC.

View attachment 1086502
Hey man, how's it going? Any progress? Do you need any help from us? Please keep us updated!