NHT Superone Woofer Swap - Help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a malfunctioning woofer in one of my Superones, and NHT does not have replacement OEM woofers in stock. I have been talking with a guy that has a pair of NHT 1.1s with replaced woofers. He used the Vifa P17WJ as a replacement, and is quite happy with them. Is anyone familiar with the Superone as well as this Vifa driver? I'm just looking for some advice/opinion before I order them. If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears! By the way, these Superones are in a 5.1 system that consists of 4 Superones, an NHT Supercenter and an Adire Audio Rava subwoofer. The speaker that is acting up is one of my rear surrounds, not the front stage.

Thanks,

Tom

Foster made the original Super One woofer.

See if you can find an AR 218V speaker, it uses the exact same woofer as the Super One uses.

You can't use a woofer out of an NHT M1/M1a/M1.1. That woofer is similar, but has about 3-4dB more sensitivity.

You might try AB tech services. They are the official AR driver source. They may have had the 218V woofer cloned.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.