New System Purchased

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, after a couple of weeks pondering the situation and finding this group...I've purchased the start-up equipment. From Inventory Solutions, I purchased an Elmo HP-A305SD (7300 lumens/575w MH bulb) and an nView Spectra-C LCD panel. Also, based on the system that Blockhead put together , I purchased a TV 3000 Scaler. The whole package cost $400 plus tax/shipping. Since I live in suburban Atlanta, I'm going down to pick up the equipment from Inv Solutions. This board has also given me lots of info for building my screen which I should be able to do for $50. I'll try to have some feedback and photos next week. I wonder how hot this thing will get? I'll probably need a couple of cooling fans.

Re: Screen?

Blockhead said:
What are you going to use for a screen?

-Blockhead

I've considered a DaLite Screen from ebay or some other source. But since I'm in the DIY` state of mind, I'm going to try making one. I purchased a heavy weight drop cloth from Home Depot. It's made by Tufpro and is Butyl/Rubber coated fabric. It's 4'x15' so I can cut off a piece for experimentation. First, I'll try plain white and then I'm going to paint it with a metallic paint. I have to make a trip out to the west coast and won't be able to do any testing until next Thursday.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.