New Guy from BC Canada

Hi everybody.
New Guy to DIY AUDIO community, Always had a passion for sound and music, I worked in both the home audio and car industry for a couple decades . My first project is going to be the Amp camp Pre amp/ headphone amp.
Ill start by doing a bunch of reading in the Forums

Oh Yes, Ive spent time on the Island, Did have family there years ago.
This is will be my first audio kit ever.
My home audio setup is a simple 2 channel system. 36 year old Energy 22 Pro Reference speakers that i purchased new. They still sound great after all these years . I drive them with a NAD 316Bee integrated.
I have built a few pairs of home speakers and passive crossovers in the past. with decent results.
I once attempted to build a coil winder for air core inductors complete with a foot pedal control, Sadly it didn't work as well as hoped.
I want to build a pair of four "π" Pi speakers now, Also a pair of amp camp amp kits along with that amp camp pre amp.
Im not an electronics repair tech or have any formal training as a tech. i know a bit of the very basics. Im just greatful to be good at using my soldering station and My fluke meter.
What projects or Kit you have Dave?

Last edited by a moderator:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Never really auditioned the Energy, it is hard to go wrong with NAD.

My kit… right now a set of A12pw MTMs of my design (with assistance from Scott (the TL) and Aaron (the passive XO), driven by Firstwatt SIT-3, Rotel preamp (the weak spot), Gundgir DAC fed by a zillion CDs ripped to my MacMini.

But hoards of gear downstairs and as backup. And lots of prototype speakers (which need to find new homes). I have been doing this for 50+ years and have covered a lot of ground. but this is your into, not mine.

Amounst those are 6 channels of ACA. An amazing amp. And then if you consider the price. Kit is easy to put together. Highly recommended, everyone should own one.

dave