need vga to vga connector/adapter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm starting my own DIY projector project, and I must admit I'm having some high expectations. I'm planning on building an enclosure for it a la www.inventgeek.com's projector, but with a couple extras. For one, I want to install a vga-in jack into the side of the enclosure so that I can plug into it externally.

This is where you guys come in :D I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but you know how there's DVI-to-VGA adapters? Well, I need a VGA-to-VGA adapter; sort of like a zero-length vga extension cable. I want to install this into the wood somehow, and the inside vga cable to the monitor I'm going to strip (VG150) will link to the in-side of this adapter. Then whatever else I want to plug in can be plugged in from the outside.

So to end this when it's already a long story-Where can I find such an adapter? I've looked around but maybe I'm not searching for the right keywords.

The monitor plug has a male end so that connects to the female connector on the inside of the box. Whatever you are connecting to it will have a male end so that connects to the female connector on the outside of the box. Unless I'm not understanding you correctly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.