Need a 4 Pin Power cord for vintage TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The tab is actually on the top of the plug. The pic just shows it on the side.

The tv schematic shows the top 2 pins are 120v AC and bottom pins are 12v DC.

Attachments

• sears diagram 2.jpeg
    sears diagram 2.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 49
  • sears manual 1.jpeg
    sears manual 1.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 54
Isn't the tab at the bottom of the plug, to mate with the jack?:)
I think Pano means that the tab doesn't align with the spacings of the 2 sets of pins.
See below.
The wider-spaced pins are nearest the tab on the jack, but the plug appears to have the wider-spaced pins opposite the tab.
BTW I don't think I've ever seen that type of ps connection... 12VDC on a 2-prong AC plug.

Attachments

• 33e51y9.jpg
    33e51y9.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 14267.jpg
    14267.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 42
Theres a space/slot at the top as well. My Guess is it could fit either way.
Im probably just gonna find and use a 120v AC cord and use that and use some
heatshrink to cover the bottom pins.

What I dont understand is if I used a 4 pin cord like the Sony, how does it know which voltage to use ? (12v or 120v)

Last edited:
Then I'm seeing that cord correctly? If the four pins are side-by-side pairs like those shown in the diagram there shouldn't be a problem. That isn't anything ever used in the USA AFAIK so you may want to get input from someone familiar with that type of connector.

My little Sears TV that was stolen used that plug. I made up a cord to run the set on 12v, so I could take it in my car and listen to football games driving around.

The 120v AC cord only had the two pins live that connected to the mains. Your 12v supply had the same connector but wired the other way. Just as Robcrx thought.

My little Sears TV that was stolen used that plug. I made up a cord to run the set on 12v, so I could take it in my car and listen to football games driving around.

The 120v AC cord only had the two pins live that connected to the mains. Your 12v supply had the same connector but wired the other way. Just as Robcrx thought.

Thanks. yes I found the correct cord.
The AC goes to the narrow set of pins, the wide set must be for DC and are empty on this AC only cord.

It's made by Kawasaki! and the part number is KS-23

Attachments

• cord1.jpg
    cord1.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 46
  • cord2.jpg
    cord2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 17
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.