• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Nakamichi RX-202

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice looking deck with the very cool tape flipping mechanism. Seems that the rubber tire on the drive wheel needs replacement as the fast forward and rewind are kinda slow. I have music out of both channels but notice an ultra high pitched sound as well. I haven't cleaned or demagnetized the heads on this unit- that is most likely the source of the noise. I haven't used it much either- only to test. That is all I can tell you other than it is a very well made deck and heavy. They sold for $800 back in the 90s. In the pic there are some spots that showed up on the play, ff, rew buttons- looks like water or some other sort of dried liquid which will wipe right off. Cosmetics on this unit are as good as I have ever seen.

Attachments

• 101_0116.jpg
    101_0116.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 107
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.