My new SkeletonDAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there diyaudio!

I'm new here, however I've been lurking for the better part of a year, but only now upon building my first dac (I have several cmoys and miscelaneous other projects at this points, but this is my most complex one yet.) am I going to make my first post.

I just completed this today, its a stock SkeletonDAC from beezar. It's hooked up to my modified cmoy for now, but eventually it'll take up residence in the battery area of my o2 when It's complete (or possibly I'll put a grub or similar in there, I haven't 100% decided yet!

Anyway, heres the cool part, I've got some pictures. This is my first ever attempt at SMD of any type, so I think it came out well. Enjoy (sadly I don't have a dslr anymore, hope you like (albeit ok) camera phone pics ;)

I also noticed, after taking all the photos, that it was missing the LED. I attached a nice bright red one to it, looks evvillll :D

I can't figure out how to add img tags to uploaded files, perhaps someone could tell. me? Anyway, heres an imgur album of them too :) SkeletonDAC - Imgur

Peace
chris

Attachments

• cTTbf2s.jpg
    cTTbf2s.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 5RmjJK8h.jpg
    5RmjJK8h.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 206
  • txfZT1bh.jpg
    txfZT1bh.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 192
  • 3A3flwkh.jpg
    3A3flwkh.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 5bXm8PXh.jpg
    5bXm8PXh.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 177
Thanks supersurfer. It was more challenging than through hole, but having braid makes small mistakes no biggie. I really enjoyed the challange of making a nice fillet solder joint on a tiny rectangular part. It's great when ya do though :D

You can see how my soldering goes from, ahhhh, average, on the front of the board, the second half I did (the back) you can see everything's a little tighter, straighter and less solder. Does anyone know any suppliers in NZ or Aus that sell .5mm solder for decent prices and quality local?

peace

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.