My horn loaded subwoofer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Even though I already hijacked someone elses thread with pics, I thought I'd start my own, and post all the pics I took (well, most anyway :))

Horn was originally designed by Mikey, but I modeled it myself, and made the rear compression chamber smaller, I also redrew the plans, so I could actually work with them...

Its a "40Hz" horn, and plays down to this fairly well in a room, and even better in a car. :D

Pics will be added soon :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looks nice! Punisher kinda fold, no bracing? How'bout sims?

Always wanted to know; What do you mean by thumbnails?

Mvg Johan

I'm going to put a brace across the mouth tomorrow :) that should be enough. :smash:

did you mean plotted frequency response graph??

and, thumbnails are small pictures you click on, that link to the full size pic... its what my second post was SUPPOSED to be... :p

edit: the rear chamber has a panel over it, yes, which can be seen in some of the pics :)

such as this one: http://img137.echo.cx/my.php?image=153sw.jpg

will see what I can do... am currently unemployed, have no spl meter... and no money.... :bawling:

I suppose you want the response at 2.83 volts... yes?

guess I could just set it at like 100Hz with a multimeter... would be close enough..... :D actually.. it probably wouldn't... cos as the impedence rose and fell, the voltage would change...

HOW ABOUT!!! I just play it as loud as I am happy playing it? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.