My first DIY subwoofer project!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have lurked for a while and while learning from all the forums.. I decided to build my first speaker... I just finished a week ago and I kept good notes of what it took to a final completed subwoofer.

I just wanted to help people that are trying to decide which route to go. I am very happy with the completed project! The bass is amazingly clean coming out of a $150 subwoofer (Tempest)

Hope you like it. Comments.. bad or good are appreciated!

Julian Brock
http://www.txraves.org/~magnetik/diy/Page.html

I've been contemplating a shiva/tempest sub project in the near future, and I stumbled across your website earlier this week. I wish everyone was as thorough with their documentation as you. Your pics and comments will no doubt be valuable when I finally throw my project together.

Congrats on a job well done and your first post. :wave:

my bench goes all the way around the room see..

Attachments

• epsn0023.jpg
    epsn0023.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 624
seangoesbonk:

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to start my main speakers soon... but I am deciding if I want to build a second Tempest. The difference in the quality of bass from my Tempest and my old sub (10" design acoustics) is amazing. DIY is definitely the way to go.

Oh.. I didn't know what the rules regarding pics but since someone else posted some... here goes:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Julian Brock

geoffwa said:
I think my next project will be a huge work bench, one that I can stick several bench vices on.

What do people actually use as workbenches these days though?

Believe me, if you have a bigger workbench, you will put more stuff on it. At one point, you will come back to the initial state. My workbench is never big enough...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.