• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

music angel kt88

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anybody got or seen a recent schematic for the above. I know there are a couple of threads relating to these Chinese amps but no mention of a recent plan.

I've been running mine for about 12 months, driving ESL3 stats and its been superb. I changed the system(temporarily I thought) for Pass F4 and voigt pipes and thought I'd make all the safety changes to the MA while it was out of the system

I fitted an earth point to the chassis and checked over the circuit. It seems grid stoppers have been fitted so I know it is a recent model. I bought it around december 2006 from jenny chan(ebay) and the model number on the front is XD-SE.

Main reason I'm asking at this point is that on reassembly I realised I'd had the KT88s in the wrong sockets and when I came to check the bias I realised that 3 KT88s are idling at 54ma and one is at 13ma........I would like a reasonably realistic plan to check values against.

Regards

Ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.