massive screen size(180") - Results

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally a proper camera to take some pictures, all be it a bit out of focus cause im not quite upto standard on using the camera but anyway.

Lumenlab fresnel lenses, lumenlab projection lens, DIYLABS 400w HQI bulb and icecap ballast.. Viewsonic VE150 LCD (1024x768/30ms/300:1)

180" onto a off white wall... projected from 14ft or so through a window hehe, pictures were taken through a window too, couldnt get back further enough to get the entire screen.

Lights off, and my bed blocked the bottem left corner.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 774
one huge *** projection indeed, ive had the pleasure of sitting in his gigasaurus sized room watching obscene sized clear movies, pics in no way give it justice

giant projection ahoy!

now to completely finish my super leet radical box of death and destruction over the next couple days :O pity my wall is so small compared to haydens ;(

even still, gg diy projectors eh

more details......

What about special connectors, is it a LumenLab box design, or your own? Also, did you run into any problem areas affixing the electronics into particular areas of the box, and what about the cooling issues? Did you use LumenLabs' slot design and fan suggestions, or your own config? HHhhmmmm, what else.....give me a sec....FLOL!

And to you, ReZac.......forget the puny wall, string yur screen up between two trees.......FLOL!:D

Re: more details......

KitaruSapien said:
What about special connectors, is it a LumenLab box design, or your own? Also, did you run into any problem areas affixing the electronics into particular areas of the box, and what about the cooling issues? Did you use LumenLabs' slot design and fan suggestions, or your own config? HHhhmmmm, what else.....give me a sec....FLOL!

And to you, ReZac.......forget the puny wall, string yur screen up between two trees.......FLOL!:D

My own box, no the DiyLabs HQI lamp is extremely easy to mount cause its a double ended bulb with mounts each side, the lumen lab one is a bit harder to mount and get dead right, u really wanna make a bracket for it... as for cooling(single 120mm fan), I used my own config, which after finally viewing the lumenlab guide(after completion), is very similer(I could have swarn he went into my mind and stole it! - jokes)

just the gaps at the bottem of both fresnel frames and a gap at the top of the lcd frame so it draws air across both sides of the lcd and fresnel, the lcd is cold to touch even after 3-4 hours

for that size image the fresnel lenses need some adjustment from the standard 220mm and 330mm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.