Mark Levinson CD Pro 2 transport replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

For the Mark Levinson 37 transport, 39 CD player and 390S CD player the replacement transport is a Philips CD Pro 2. Although it is getting scarcer, even today this transport can still be found new. The good thing is that it is basically plug and play: no adjustments need to be made at all.

However, Mark Levinson have modded the transport by providing a stable external clock signal and soldering two cables on the servo/decoder board under the CD Pro 2.

I have found out where to solder them, but can't for the life of me discover if anything needs to be disabled too. Looking at the old board and the new board I see no other mods. I would however expect that the old clock on the servo/decoder board needs to be disconnected because you can't connect two clocks in parallel, can you? Anywat I can't find any evidence of this.

Is there anyone who can supply a Service Manual? Or is there someone who knows what I need to do?

Many thanks in advance!
Christiaan Punter

HFA - The Independent Source for Audio Equipment Reviews | The Independent Source for Audio Equipment Reviews

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.